Welcome to our ultimate guide to white label casinos! Online gambling has become quite widespread nowadays, as there are hundreds — if not thousands — of quality casinos offering games to online players. You can play basically any game you like in an online casino, including slots, baccarat, roulette, craps, blackjack, video poker, and more.
Have you ever wondered who makes these casinos? Do operators need to have a dedicated team that will create games and develop all other processes related to the platform?
The short answer is, no. You may have noticed that there are many similar casinos out there — as if they were created using the same template. That’s because they probably were.
In this article, we’ll explore the concept of white label casinos and discuss how they make things easier for online operators. Moreover, we’ll show you some interesting examples of such platforms and talk about the process of starting a white-label casino. Finally, we’ll discuss the future of white-label suppliers, including all the latest technological changes that may become dominant in a couple of years. Read on.
What Are White Label Casinos?
White label solutions are usually products or services developed by a company and then sold to other companies that can legally rebrand them as their own. Before jumping to casinos, let’s quickly explain this process using TVs as an example.
Imagine a company, developing a great flatscreen TV. Now, instead of selling it under its brand, the company just sells them to company B, which is better at sales and is already popular among TV customers. However, company B doesn’t have the means to develop new TVs, and that’s why it needs to buy a white label solution from company A.
As a buyer, you’ll buy a TV that is labeled as the B’s product. However, all that company B did was to buy a white label product from company A.
Let’s now get back to the world of online gambling.
More than a decade ago, everyone who wanted to start an online casino had a long and tiresome set of tasks ahead of them. Moreover, they needed hundreds of thousands of dollars just to lay the foundations of the casino, let alone do anything else. Operators had to spend a fortune to obtain all the necessary licenses from a gambling commission, certifications, and other documents for legal operation.
Besides, they needed to hire plenty of professionals who would market the casino and attract new players. Finally, casinos were difficult to maintain, so they needed a dedicated team to make sure everything is smooth on the site.
Nowadays, however, things look a bit different. To become a proud owner of a casino, all you have to do is contact the right company that offers a white label casino platform.
These companies basically offer you to rent a casino that they have in stock. The entire casino infrastructure is there. You have the games, the bonuses, the platforms, and more. Your only job is to pay for this service, and you’ll get the casino of your own. Of course, many white label solutions are highly customizable, meaning you can adjust some parameters to get the casino you like. So if you want to start a casino for people looking for the best free spins, you can communicate that to the white label and they can customize it for you.
Once your platform is up and running, your only task is to focus on marketing and customer acquisition.
A white label solution also takes care of many other aspects of online casinos. For example, you don’t have to hire people to do customer support, as your white label provider has you covered. Many of them will probably offer you an option to hire a support team of your own if you want to.
Examples of White Label Casinos
In case you were wondering what a white label casino looks like, please refer to the examples below. All of the casinos listed on this page are created using some white label solutions. You’ll notice that most of them differ from each other, even though many use the same solution. That’s because most of these solutions are highly-customizable, especially when it comes to front-end customization.
How to Start a White Label Casino
To start a white label casino platform, you first need to have some cash. Becoming an operator still isn’t that cheap, but the important thing to remember is that you’ll have to spend six-figure sums instead of seven-figure ones. In other words, you needed millions of dollars to start a casino back in the day, while you can now do it for as low as $300,000 — perhaps even lower.
The important thing to remember is that there’s usually a monthly or annual fee for “renting” the white label solution, which also comes at a cost. Moreover, you need to accept that your casino might not perform as expected for a year or two.
There are also plenty of other costs. If you’re going to allow an affiliate system, you’ll have to hire an affiliate manager who will make sure you’re not working with scam companies. Further customization and localization of your online gambling platform is also an expense. For example, you’ll have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to change the front end, translate games, add new options, and perform other operations that localize a casino platform.
Once you have the money, make sure to find the white label provider that meets your needs. The online gambling industry is vast, and there are quite a few companies that offer white label gambling platforms, so focus on researching them and don’t be afraid to reach out and ask them about the details regarding their service.
After finding the right provider, you need to choose one of the packages they offer. Needless to say, more expensive solutions usually come with more features, so you need to make sure which ones you really need to make your casino successful.
Having paid for the white label online casino platform, you’ll gain access to the platform’s back office, where you can track various metrics, set bonuses, and access many other customization options that will make your casino unique on the market.
Still, becoming a successful casino operator will take much more than that.
The entire idea behind white label casinos is to provide the product so that you can focus on other aspects of running a casino. Marketing your gambling platform is usually the primary operation, which will require plenty of time.
Advantages of Using a White Label Casino
We already listed some of the perks when using a white label casino solution. Let’s take a look at all the benefits that this type of service comes with.
- Legal processes are in the hands of professionals — One of the most difficult parts of setting up an online casino platform is obtaining a license. If you want to avoid all the legal complications of running a gambling platform on the web, you need to go the distance to make everything right. The good news is that white label casino solutions focus on the legal aspect and their professional jurists make sure you have an adequate license.
- Payment options — Setting up payment options is not a difficult process, especially if you want to accept e-wallets or cryptocurrencies. However, many payment processors are used for various fraudulent operations, and you definitely don’t want your casino platform to be part of them. Luckily, white-label solutions take care of payment processing for you. Apart from risk management, the white label provider will also focus on fraud detection and prevention.
- Customer care — If you opt to focus on customer support on your own, you’ll have to form a team of professionals, which takes a lot of time and costs a lot of money. The good news is that white label providers got you covered in this aspect too. They usually have a huge team of people who focus on providing support, meaning you already get an experienced crew to start with.
- Operations — Starting an online casino alone requires a lot of time, energy, and money, especially if you don’t use a white label online casino solution. The more complicated part is keeping the online casino active and maintaining all operations on the platform. White label companies got you covered, as they make sure that your gambling platform is up and running. Still, all of them charge a monthly fee for their services.
- Easy setup — Setting up a white label online casino platform is easy and quick. Your job is to go through the customization process, where you’ll adjust your bonuses, offers, and more. Moreover, you need to brand your online casino properly and make it as unique as possible.
- Cheap — In the world of online gambling, cheap has a whole different meaning. As previously stated, you won’t have to pay millions of dollars just to make the casino, but you’ll still have to pay a six-figure score if you want to set up your online gambling platform properly.
Disadvantages of Using a White Label Casino
However easy and convenient to use, white label casino solutions also come with disadvantages that you should consider before starting a casino platform of your own.
- Restricted products and services selection — You often have to depend on the selection of products and services offered by your white label supplier. For instance, if the supplier doesn’t feature games from certain casino game providers, you won’t be able to offer its games on your site. The same goes for many services. If the white label solution doesn’t accept a certain type of payment method, you’ll not be able to obtain it.
- Marketing restrictions — Once you obtain a white label casino, your job will be to focus on marketing. However, you’ll still be restricted up to a certain extent, as you’ll have to adhere to certain marketing restrictions and strategies.
- Stiff competition — Finally, you should be aware that there are thousands of online gambling platforms out there, and many of them use white label solutions. You have to be ready to market your online casino brand and make it stand out from the pack. However, white label casinos cannot help you that much when it comes to promoting your product, so you need to get creative.
What to Pay Attention to When Setting up a White Label Online Casino
Finally, let’s take a look at some essential points you should bear in mind before reaching out to a white label online casino supplier if you want to maximize your experience.
- Setup cost — The first thing you’ll have to pay is the setup cost. These fees can be quite big, and you don’t want to spend your entire budget just on setup, as you’ll have to allocate a lot of money to other processes.
- Revenue share — One of the most common online casino business models used by white label casino suppliers is revenue share. In other words, part of the revenue you make via your white label casino will go to the pockets of the supplier. Therefore, make sure to read the terms and conditions before making any decisions to ensure fair revenue distribution.
- Available services and products — Learn about the exact range of services and products offered by the white label supplier, as the offer may vary substantially depending on the company you select.
- Legal issues — You need to make sure that the supplier is legit and has all the necessary licenses to operate legally. After all, you’ll entrust them with licensing your casino, so it’s of paramount importance that there are no illegal operations.
The Future of White Label Casinos
Online gambling is one of the fastest-moving industries in the world. Providers, suppliers, operators, affiliates — all need to stay up to date with the latest innovations and shifts to remain relevant and continue generating profit.
It’s safe to say that the future of white label online casinos is no different. The supplier who’s most inclined toward innovations that would further upgrade the industry will definitely gain an edge over the competition. As a potential operator, you need to stay aware of all the breakthroughs that take place and understand how they can help you.
The concept of white-label online casinos is here to stay for a long time, as it’s cheaper and more efficient than building a casino from scratch. Your job is to find the best possible white-label supplier for you and create a casino business plan that will help you attract customers to the platform.
Tags: white label